Since this tag is only days away, the committers would really appreciate
any feedback from early adopters. I'm not certain on the status of the auth
hook fix, but believe it's certainly ready to have the tires kicked, so we
can avoid any quirks resulting from the TLS 1.3 efforts.

Please feel free to try it from the 2.4.x branch and let us know your
observations. I believe it is stable enough for review now.