On Fri, Mar 1, 2024 at 1:24 PM Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 01, 2024 at 12:59:10PM +0100, Yann Ylavic wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 1, 2024 at 11:15 AM <jor...@apache.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > Author: jorton
> > > Date: Fri Mar  1 10:15:13 2024
> > > New Revision: 1916068

> > > Log:
> > > CI: add OpenSSL 3.2, test OpenSSL 3.x using Apache::Test
> > > trunk to pick up r1916067.
> >
> > I had to modify Apache-Test too when running the perl test framework
> > with openssl >= 3.0 and proposed a patch here [1] (not enough karma to
> > commit on perl.a.o).
> > It was an issue with mod_proxy's client certs IIRC, which r1916067 is
> > possibly fixing too, but just in case you are still fighting with this
> > ;)
>
> Ah, interesting, thanks. I should read dev@perl more often!
>
> I haven't seen that particularly failure, and trunk seems to now be
> working (touch wood) with 3.1 and 3.2. The Ubuntu runners are all on
> OpenSSL 3.0 anyway, and r1916058 ensures that TestSSLCA.pm is using the
> bin/openssl from the installed version of OpenSSL rather than a
> possibly-mismatched system /usr/bin/openssl. Do you still want that
> TestSSLCA.pm change merged?

I think it can be useful for those who test httpd with openssl1 still
(not maintained anymore, but we have to keep compatibility in 2.4 at
least).

> Also - I guess the note about *not* accepting PKCS#8 format keys in
> https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_ssl.html#sslproxymachinecertificatefile
> is now wrong then?

OpenSSL >= 3 can surely load keys in pkcs#8 format since it's the
default for genrsa now, hopefully it can still load the pkcs#1 ones
still (I didn't try that) or it would be a mess for mod_proxy (and the
docs)..
Let me try that first and if it's ok I think we can simply say that
the note applies to openssl < 3 only.