On Feb 29, 2012, at 5:45 PM, Michael Dürig wrote:

That's an idea I mentioned earlier already [1]: make cluster sync
transparent to JCR sessions. That is, any modification required by the
sync, should look like just another session operation to JCR clients
(i.e. there should also be observation events for such changes).

Ah, this did not catch my eye: in JR2, cluster syncs are transparent to JCR sessions as well, although a conflict never needs to be resolved or a change undone, because of its lock-and-sync contract. That a cluster node could actually commit a change now and revert it later on the MK level because of a conflict - as if some other party had actually performed this revert-operation - is a new and interesting idea.

Dominique

Michael

[1]
https://docs.google.com/presentation/pub?id=131sVx5s58jAKE2FSVBfUZVQSl1W820_syyzLYRHGH6E&start=false&loop=false&delayms=3000 #slide=id.g4272a65_0_39