I want to run the 2.6.0 release in 1Q2023.  This will likely be the
final jclouds release due to lack of active maintainers.  I am trying to
get the project into a state of good repair so that it might be useful
for a few years even without further updates.  One of the issues I
cannot resolve myself is upgrading the gson library:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCLOUDS-1620

This seems related to the misuse of internal gson APIs:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCLOUDS-1166

This has a problem when packaging the jar and/or with bnd which I don't
understand.  Finally Java 17 has some other issue due to stronger
encapsulation.  Can anyone help with these issues and unblock the
release?  I pushed a WIP branch with some more detailed error messages:

https://github.com/gaul/jclouds-1/tree/deps/gson-2.10.1

--
Andrew Gaul
http://gaul.org/