Eike Rathke napisał(a):
Hi Marcin,

On Friday, 2007-04-13 12:08:32 +0200, Marcin Mi�?kowski wrote:

I started wondering, in reference to issue #17169, if the solution could be customizing BreakIterator for French, so that it would treat the sequence " «" or "» " as a single token (note that the normal space would be the part of the token). This way we could solve the bug by simply adding the proper definition to AutoCorrect. I'm not sure if how much autocorrect depends on BreakIterator rules here.

I doubt the BreakIterator is involved with AutoCorrection. Anyway, even
if it was, I don't see how adding that quote-space sequence to whatever
rule should solve the issue of adding a NBSP before punctuation marks?

The problem is that AutoCorrection never starts working before the user uses whitespace, and it should be possible to use it on some punctuation marks which get used without whitespace. So probably it doesn't use BreakIterator for defining the word boundary but it could use ICU or other Unicode punctuation character class definitions (like \p{Punct} from standard Java JDK). This way it one could add typographic rules directly into AutoCorrection. Or we could add another tab for "custom typographic replacement rules" which would start working just the way they work for quotes and apostrophes.

Best,
Marcin