Just my 2 cents:

A simple comparison of changed strings (and there are up to 2000
changed strings, like in m57) in sdf file would show the QA
representative what is going on in the milestone; it would take 10
minutes to browse through the comparison file to see what kind of
changes appear and if they look suspicious;

Should there be a limit put on how many strings can get changed by a
single "normal" CWS or milestone? Like 500 strings? This would force
documentation writers not to wait to the last milestone before the
string freeze with almost all changes, and would be more translators
friendly. The period of translation checking after string freeze is
eroded also by translating instead of mostly testing, at least in the
first week of so, because so many strings always changed in the last
milestone just before string freeze.
And changes to help could get checked throughout the development cycle
by non-English users in native languages as well (like from Pavel's
builds), if translators can work more gradually.

Lp, m.