On 8.10.2007, Mathias Bauer wrote:
> Hristo Simenov Hristov wrote:
> > Hi,
> > A lot of people complain that when they install new version of OOo they
> > have to install our dictionaries again. Is it possible to be done
> > something? For example in language packages (isntall) to add respective
> > dictionary for that language.
>
> Dictionaries and language packs shouldn't be mixed. Why should one need
> to install the UI localization package for language "X" just because one
> wants to write (and spell check) documents in that language?
>
> I think the end user problem can be solved to make it easier and more
> obvious for them to get the necessary packages.

Well, why I will install OOo Spanish for example and not to write in Spanish?
There is a wizard for installing dictionaries, but when I install some
language pack I think most of users will write on same language.

I just wrote the most complain in Bulgaria. That when they install OOo with
Bulgarian interface (lang pack or main install) there are no Bulgarian
dictionaries.

--
Hristo Simeonov Hristov
Leader of OpenOffice.org - Bulgarian