Hristo Hristov pisze:
On 8.10.2007, Mathias Bauer wrote:
Hristo Simenov Hristov wrote:
Hi,
A lot of people complain that when they install new version of OOo they
have to install our dictionaries again. Is it possible to be done
something? For example in language packages (isntall) to add respective
dictionary for that language.
Dictionaries and language packs shouldn't be mixed. Why should one need
to install the UI localization package for language "X" just because one
wants to write (and spell check) documents in that language?

I think the end user problem can be solved to make it easier and more
obvious for them to get the necessary packages.

Well, why I will install OOo Spanish for example and not to write in Spanish?
There is a wizard for installing dictionaries, but when I install some language pack I think most of users will write on same language.

I just wrote the most complain in Bulgaria. That when they install OOo with Bulgarian interface (lang pack or main install) there are no Bulgarian dictionaries.

+1

Though UI and spelling dictionaries are separate issues, it's normal that you download language pack for the language that you speak and write. So you're going to need the dictionaries anyway. Otherwise, it seems a little schizophrenic: Why should I need a German pack if I want to write in Bulgarian, for example?

Regards,
Marcin