Hey everyone

So it's been a year since the Compiz Council was formed and now I
think it should be a good idea to decide when the council should next
be re-elected to reflect the current status of the project. Some
council members have not been involved with the development or
administration of the project for quite some time now and some
developers have been actively contributing to the project in the last
year or so. Therefore, I feel that we should make a decision to
dissolve the council at some point and put it up for re-election. This
makes more administrative sense since we have made a number of votes
where members have been absent.

I don't mean for any re-election to be an insult to those who haven't
been able to be actively involved in the project - I just feel it
should make more sense that we have a council that is active enough to
be cognizant of what is going on in the project internally and is
therefore able to make an informed decision when it comes time to vote
on project issues.

Kind Regards,

Sam

--