Greetings, humble humans!

(David: I'm CC'ing you so you're in the loop on the fd.o stuff at the end.
Your input is of course welcome. I'll take silence as consent, though ;)

First: Can we migrate the mail lists off of compiz-fusion.org and on to
compiz.org?

Guillaume tells me it's easiest to spawn new mail lists and duplicate the
subscribers.

I propose usage of the following lists:

commits
   commit mails as usual. reply-to should be compiz-dev and the list
   should not accept non-commit-mails.

dev
   development discussion.

misc
   anything that doesn't fit the above three lists. Including
   council-stuff.

In the past there was a real need for -web due to the volume of noise it
generated - that need doesn't exist any more. There was an interest in
separating council-stuff from everything else - I think that just created
unnecessary confusion as to what list to use when and who can/should post
where.

Secondly: Bug tracker.

Our bug tracker is down at the moment. And stale. As the code-base is very
different from 0.8.x and there hasn't been any real maintenance on the bug
database, I suggest we nuke the database and start over.

I also propose a bi-weekly bug sweep. This is something we've been doing
with Varnish and it works like this: Every week (or second week for compiz,
perhaps?) we meet up on IRC at an assigned time and review any bugs that
has been updated since last time - starting from the top. We stop when we
have either reached all updated bugs or we have enough to work on. The
sweep rarely lasts more than an hour and is open to every one (if you feel
like seeing it in action, you can drop by #varnish-hacking @irc.linpro.no
on monday 13:00cet-ish).

The sweep-event makes sure we make progress on bugs without having to make
a big deal out of it. We all know that "let's go through all the bugs!"
just sounds daunting.

Thirdly: Freedesktop.

Is there any argument against me requesting to have the compiz-related
lists and repository deleted? It is causing some confusion and is not
active. I am volunteering for practical reasons: Tollef (the only really
active sysadmin of fdo) works with me at Varnish Software.

That is not all, but it is all for now.

--
Kristian
Your fearless... err... watchdog. woof.