On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 08:17:17PM +0800, Sam Spilsbury wrote:
> I agree with both premises outlined earlier, except:
>
> > Thirdly: Freedesktop.
> >
> > Is there any argument against me requesting to have the compiz-related
> > lists and repository deleted? It is causing some confusion and is not
> > active. I am volunteering for practical reasons: Tollef (the only really
> > active sysadmin of fdo) works with me at Varnish Software.
>
> It's not too difficult to keep the repo up (just change the desc to
> OUT OF DATE or something), as for the lists, keep them there, just
> also disable new posts, so that we can have them for archival
> purposes.

The repo doesn't actually give us any value, though. We have all the
history. As for the mail archive, I can get it exported and we can have a
historic archive, that should cover the archive-aspect. For linking
purposes I could possibly arrange it so the archive is kept at fd.o too,
but the actual ml is removed (ie: no such mail address).

Does that satisfy the needs? Otherwise, I might be able to get some sort of
forwarding (http forwarding, at least). Personally, I don't think it's
necessary. It's not like the list or bug tracker or repo is heavily
depended on. If people have been using either, they'd be years behind
already.

I'll grab Tollef for a discussion on the ml archive, though. It's a valid
point.

- Kristian