till wrote:
> Wow, thanks for tracking this down!
> I have never seen this with courier-imap. I often have it open on my
> Mac, the notebook and in RoundCube. But I could also be lucky.

Hi till, thanks for the reply.

Does your courier-imap use mbox format, or something else?

This:
http://mailman1.u.washington.edu/pipermail/imap-uw/2007-December/001809.html
suggests the behavior is more due to the limitations of mbox rather than
a particular imap server.

Nevertheless, mbox is still pretty popular and I don't think I can get
away from it in my environment because I have many Unix command-line
users (with pine, mutt, etc).

Looking through my apache logs, all the hangs have occurred inside
imap.inc, in various functions.  Usually iil_Readline or iil_C_Select
though.

Best wishes,
-r
--