Hi,

Right now we change the Maven prerequisite to 2.2.1 and I noticed some new issues which already want to move it forward to 3.0.4. I wonder why to move to this version.

Most (API-)changes have been introduced with the 3.0 alpha and beta releases. I don't think that the other 3.0.x releases provide that much more changes.
So I would say that changing the required Maven version would be 3.0.
*If* we want to force users not to use 3.0.4 due to the CVE-2013-0253, we should say that 3.0.5 is the next required version of Maven. And I could go one step further: if we want to get rid of the compatibility overhead for Aether (Sonatype versus Eclipse) we should change it to 3.1.0

So I'd prefer to move forward to 3.0, maybe even to 3.1.0, but not to 3.0.4 unless there are better reasons then I mentioned above.

Any other opinions?

thanks,
Robert