Github user khmarbaise commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/maven/pull/60#issuecomment-167975254

    So we are talking about something completely different. I have cloned the
given repository `https://github.com/kilokahn/maven-testers/` and i can't find
a definition for `global.version` ? If you like to use something like above you
have to use predefined placeholders ([revision, changelist,
sha1](http://maven.apache.org/docs/3.2.1/release-notes.html#Continuous_delivery_friendly_versions_MNG-5576))
 so you can call maven like this:

        mvn -Drevision=1.0-SNAPSHOT clean package

    which is already available since Maven 3.2.1...

---
with INFRA.
---