Am 2018-05-07 um 21:46 schrieb Robert Scholte:
I understand the fix, but it'll be no issue anymore with Java 9+

I have my doubts about "used"? "JRE used" could also refer to a version.
This is actually the JRE *location*, but that's quite long
"JRE Home"?
Or just do a Java check and only adjust it for Java 8 and before.
In the end it really is "java.home"...

I brought up the same argument for Java 9+, but people were still confused and Java 8 will still be available for many years.

Oracle's docs talk about JRE installation directory, what about "JRE installation:"? I know it is long, but unambigious.

It is not really about dropping this information, but merely displaying which JVM this Maven instance is running.

Is the proposal acceptable with "installation"?

Michael