Thanks Elliotte!

But allow me a bit of a rant here:
- You explicitly reported "on my personal and slightly more up to date
MacBook [...] [the test fails, hence am -1 on release]".
- Then it turns out, you use Maven 3.5.0 (from 2018, unmaintained).
- Then it turns out, you use Java 8u172 (from 2018, obviously outdated as
current Java 8 is u300-ish).

All this caused a huge pollution to the voting thread.

Personally, I don't care what downstream developers use (outdated Maven
and/or Java and even OS) to build their stuff,
but "at the source", where we produce Maven and related libraries for
downstream consumption,
we should be REALLY up to date. This is in OUR favor, just to make sure all
the known issues from our
tools can be excluded (or if new issues found, easier to find them), as
much as possible.

Due this, am on edge to call a vote to:
- set Maven parent POM to contain enforcer rule, allowing only "maintained"
Maven versions (as per https://maven.apache.org/docs/history.html)
- set Maven parent POM to contain enforcer rule for "sanely up to date"
Java versions (unsure is it possible, but to prevent someone trying Java
8u5 or alike).
,
Simply put, if we cannot enforce downstream users, at least it should be
us, Maven devs, who use sane versions of our tooling (to produce Maven
libraries).