requirements history column has just been added to dist tool report:
https://ci-maven.apache.org/job/Maven/job/maven-box/job/maven-dist-tool/job/master/site/dist-tool-prerequisites.html

on 52 plugins we maintain, 3 have published prerequisites history to help users
know what version to use when latest has too modern prerequisites

for people interested in helping us, you can see how to provide us a PR by
looking at issues linked from https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MPLUGIN-400

PLEASE HELP US

Regards,

Hervé