I'm not sure I would worry too much about that David.  I think most devs who
want better syntax moved from Java sometime ago.  They might still be on the
JVM just not writing Java.  Also, Maven is a mature project.  I don't think
devs considering contributing to it are thinking about using the latest and
greatest version of Java.  Compatibility is probably a bigger concern for the
user base.  Just my opinion.

Hunter
    On Thursday, June 1, 2023 at 04:17:26 PM PDT, David Jencks