Hi,

Whilst attempting to fix MNG-2994, I discovered MNG-3092 that was
contrary to the 2.0 design docs:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-3092

Brett, Kenney and myself had a brief discussion on IRC about this:
Kenney says that the behaviour is theoretically correct (which it is),
although I feel it goes against the practical usage described in the
docs.  The two main choices I can see are:

1) We stick to the design docs and disallow snapshots in ranges when
they aren't an explicit boundary, as per the MNG-3092 patch.

2) We reconsider the design docs and leave range resolution behaving
as it is, then use profiles to enable or disable snapshot repositories
at build time.

Any thoughts?

Mark