The only problem here is that the expression evaluator is meant to give access to build state, not components in the system...which is why the @component annotation is handled in a completely parallel subsystem.

Obviously, plugins _can_ access basically any component in the container (which I'm a little queasy about too, I'll admit)...but it's much, much harder to document a free-for-all system like this, rather than restricting the documentation and interfaces of approved components to a distinct artifact/sub-website/etc.

-john