The list of phases is defined in maven... you cannot define your own phases
without building your own custom maven. (Notice the full stop is after
maven... I'm not talking about your own maven plugin, or any of that.... i'm
talking about forking maven and building your own fork... with all the pain
that goes along with that... trust me you don't want to do that)

If you want to bind your plugin to pre-existing phases, then you must either
create your own packaging type (will will require you to add your plugin
bind the plugin to the lifecycle of the packaging type you currently have.

The first case would give you a pom that looks a little like:

<project>
  <packaging>mypackaging</packaging>
  <build>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <groupId>com.mycompany</groupId>
        <artifactId>myplugin-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>1.0</version>
        <extensions>true</extensions>
      </plugin>
    </plugins>
  </build>
</project>

The second case can (if you annotate your mojo's with the default phases
they should run in)

<project>
  <build>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <groupId>com.mycompany</groupId>
        <artifactId>myplugin-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>1.0</version>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <goals>
              <goal>mygoal1</goal>
              <goal>mygoal2</goal>
              <goal>mygoal3</goal>
            </goals>
          </execution>
        </executions>
      </plugin>
    </plugins>
  </build>
</project>

[Note that if mygoal1 has a default binding of generate-sources phase,
mygoal2 has a default binding of generate-test-resources phase and mygoal3
has a default binding of package phase, then as we did not specify a phase
in the execution, each goal will be executed in their default phase... which
helps keep things short and sweet]

-Stephen

On 19 February 2010 07:58, Annies, Sebastian <sebastian.ann...@coremedia.com