The failing test is an integration test that seems to be triggering a kernel
bug. All other tests are passing so you should just ignore it for now; Mesos
will run.

There is some discussion here resulting from this same test failing:
https://lkml.org/lkml/2013/7/28/74

Does running the test leave an unkillable process as described in the post? If
so, can you check the /proc/<pid>/stack and /proc/<pid>/status?

Thanks,
Ian

On Aug 1, 2013, at 1:18 PM, Kevin Lyda <ke...@ie.suberic.net> wrote:

> Not running systemd. Ubuntu uses upstart.
>
> cgroups are mounted by /etc/init/cgconfig.conf which is installed by
> cgroup-bin (which I need for lscgroup).
>
> I turned that off by doing:
>
>  service cgconfig stop
>  echo manual > /etc/init/cgconfig.override
>
> The echo line turns it off permanently.
>
> OK, ran make check and am back to the original error! Hurrah!
>
> [----------] Global test environment tear-down
> [==========] 240 tests from 46 test cases ran. (91790 ms total)
> [  PASSED  ] 239 tests.
> [  FAILED  ] 1 test, listed below:
> [  FAILED  ] CgroupsIsolatorTest.ROOT_CGROUPS_BalloonFramework
>
> 1 FAILED TEST
> make[3]: *** [check-local] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/mesos/build/src'
> make[2]: *** [check-am] Error 2
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/mesos/build/src'
> make[1]: *** [check] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/mesos/build/src'
> make: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
>
> # lscgroup
> cgroups can't be listed: Cgroup is not mounted
>
> # mount
> /dev/sda1 on / type ext4 (rw,errors=remount-ro)
> proc on /proc type proc (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev)
> sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev)
> none on /sys/fs/fuse/connections type fusectl (rw)
> none on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw)
> none on /sys/kernel/security type securityfs (rw)
> udev on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,mode=0755)
> devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,noexec,nosuid,gid=5,mode=0620)
> tmpfs on /run type tmpfs (rw,noexec,nosuid,size=10%,mode=0755)
> none on /run/lock type tmpfs (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,size=5242880)
> none on /run/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev)
> /dev/sdd1 on /u4 type ext4 (rw)
> /dev/sdb1 on /u2 type ext4 (rw)
> /dev/sdc1 on /u3 type ext4 (rw)
> /dev/sda6 on /u1 type ext4 (rw)
>

> On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 8:25 PM, Ian Downes <idow...@twitter.com> wrote:
>> Looks like cgroups are mounted on /sys/fs/cgroup so I'd expect the tests to
>> fail again. Are you running systemd? If the tests do fail, and you're not
>> running systemd, you should try manually umount'ing cgroups and re-running
>> the tests (no need to rebuild, just run `make check` again).
>>
>> Ian
>> On Aug 1, 2013, at 12:18 PM, Kevin Lyda <ke...@ie.suberic.net> wrote:
>>
>>> [Initial reply not sent to list]
>>>
>>> Will remove lxc and make sure cgroups are unmounted. This is not in a
>>> VM; it's on an x86_64 machine. Replying via phone so will get the
>>> other info in a bit.
>>>
>>> [Followup]
>>>
>>> Right, removed lxc. Noted that there's a cgroups-lite package that
>>> might be an issue. Hm. No, that mounts cgroups.
>>>
>>> OK, lscgroup is in the cgroup-bin package. That also mounts cgroups.
>>> But perhaps it isn't busy w/o lxc installed?
>>>
>>> Trying a build now. Output of requested commands follows; will report
>>> build results when they're done.
>>>
>>> # lscgroup
>>> cpu:/
>>> cpu:/sysdefault