Hi Rich,

Thanks for chiming in and providing your perspective.

Charles already did a great job summarizing some of the current sentiments
in the community above. I wanted to add a couple more points based on my
discussions with folks in the community and PMC.

Yes, there are some folks who are still interested in making some (minor)
contributions but for that they just need a single repo to collaborate on.
ASF has been a great home and steward for the Mesos project, but at this
stage in its lifecycle, Mesos project could actually benefit from an ultra
lightweight process and collaboration model. A public GitHub repo with
requisite permissions for collaborators would serve these purposes well
compared to the ASF process (PMC, voting, board reports etc).

As an aside, would the ASF Board have any issue with the community forking
the project and collaborating at https://github.com/mesos/mesos ?

Thanks,
Vinod