Martin Marinschek schrieb:
> Hi Simon,
>
> the three of us (Leonardo, you, me) discussed this in our
> component-generation discussion.
>
> @use of 1.2 constructs: yes, you are right, it should not use any 1.2
> constructs (at a maximum - with reflection, so that we stay
> independent). Facelets does something similar. We need a 1.2 version
> however for the tags - they are just too different. But thankfully,
> those will be generated. There is one thing which I want to have:
> invokeOnComponent can be called, and it should be called for the
> AJAX-callback.
>
> @use of the 1.2 version: wouldn't you want to indicate to the
> community that this component library is now 1.2 compliant? For JSP
> 2.1 containers, you will indeed need the new tag-files, if you are not
> using Facelets (AFAIK)!

So all code except tag classes will be JSF1.1-compliant? And then we
generate different tag classes and tld files for two different flavours
of Tomahawk (jsf11, jsf12) ?

I'm not quite sure why you say that new tag-classes and tld-files are
needed; I have run tomahawk on MyFaces 1.2 without difficulty, using JSP
pages. Just see the Orchestra examples.

However I'm also quite happy with what you describe above. As long as
there remains one trunk for all the components that is fine. Having one
template for jsf11 tag classes and a different one for jsf12 tag classes
is no big deal to manage.

Just to clarify: you intend to use the SAME template for
component/renderer generation for both JSF11 and JSF12? And use the same
hand-written component parent classes when generating JSF11 and JSF12?

The invokeOnComponent thing sounds ok, as long as it can be reasonably
isolated from the majority of the code; as you say, that really is
useful to have.

Cheers, Simon