Blake, Andrew -

> I preferred to wait until we had a good set
> of concrete focus management use cases.

This was my main question after reading the Andrew's wiki page - I
want to be sure to understand the use cases that we are trying to
address before moving forward with a solution.  Many use cases can be
addressed by simpler solutions, eg:

- The login page initial focus case can be addressed by tr:document
initialFocusId.
- The skip advertising/chrome use case can be addressed by improved
skip link support.
- The newspaper-style column-based tab traversal can be addressed by
using multi-column panelFormLayouts, or similar dom structures.

We should at least consider whether such solutions meet our
requirements before deciding to add new functionality.

Andy