Hi,
Students will apply between March 23 and April 3, 2009. Working on the
project starts later, however we need to state clearly what will be done
during the application stage.

http://socghop.appspot.com/document/show/program/google/gsoc2009/faqs#timeline

Does somebody volunteer for mentoring ? :) I know we need to decide what
project can be?

Thanks,