Hi

2011/4/19 Martin Koci <martin.kocicak.k...@gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> is it possible to introduce performance hints in myfaces-core? Hints
> similar to javax.faces.component.visit.VisitHint but related to
> performance improvements. Example:
>
> For dataTable like:
> <a:dataTable
>  <a:column>
>    #{aExpression}
>
> it's completely unnecessary to save per-row state. Currently there is no
> elegant way how to do read-only table (state per-row is always
> maintained). If user wants (fast) readOnly table, he/she must extend
> UIData and re-implemenent setRowIndex method. But hint say
> "org.apache.myfaces.core.UIData.saveRowState"=false can solve it
> elegantly - if present (in component.getAttributes()) UIData skips
> row-state-saving and restoring methods entirely.

Unfortunately, we can't do anything like that on default UIData
implementation
(it could breaks backwards behavior). I think we could include a property
on tomahawk t:dataTable called "readOnly", that just skip all that code
related to save/restore for rows. That could be better, and it has sense to
put in tomahawk, because after all that is the right location for extend
default jsf components.

Anyway, I think it is possible to do some work on UIData to make it perform
faster and better.

> Lifespan of those hints can be request (faceContext.attributes) or view
> (component.attributes)

I don't think in this case it applies, but any configuration param for a
view
should be on a tag like f:view or something similar.

regards,

Leonardo