Hello Marin,

I don't see any problems to include this feature into MyFaces Core.

I don't think this breaks the specification:

<h:dataTable ....>
 <f:attribute name="readonly" value="true" />
</h:dataTable>

Maybe we should also consider:

<h:dataTable ....>
  <h:column >
    <f:attribute name="readonly" value="true" />
  </h:column>
</h:dataTable>

>From my point of view you should commit your suggestion to 1.1.x,
1.2.x, 2.0.x and 2.1.x.