Hi Gerhard

Ok, in theory the parts that we should not change, or otherwise that
will trigger a change on JEE containers are:

1. All classes in org.apache.myfaces.spi.
2. All classes that has to be with LifecycleProvider (@PostConstruct
annotation). Such classes should be on spi package, but note spi work
started after 2.0 release, so this should wait to a major version.
3. All classes on org.apache.myfaces.config.element. These classes are
an interface to manipulate faces-config.xml files with java code, and
spi interfaces provide the hooks to get them, so in theory we can add
methods there, but relocate this package to
org.apache.myfaces.spi.data is not necessary. I think the package name
is correct.

regards,

Leonardo Uribe