Hi

I'll be clear and direct. What makes statements true or false are the
reasons behind it. Until this moment, you are not question the reasons
behind the reasoning proposed.

To be short, my argumentation is we can't change for now:

1. Everything inside org.apache.myfaces.spi
2. LifecycleProvided
3. Everything inside org.apache.myfaces.config.element

because JSF 2.1 is a maintenance release (not a mayor release) which
already has it first version (but even without a version). Do that
will create bugs on server integration code. The problem is there is
no way to detect such changes or create a proper patch from the server
side point of view without use some ugly reflection code and that
really s...cks!.

Let it to JSF 2.2 (which is another JSR) sounds better because in that
time I think we can get rid of implee6 too in one move!. In that
version, just change the poms, and move all code to impl and that's
it.

In conclusion, here we have a technical restriction that doesn't allow
us to move further, so we can't really make a vote because there is no
decision to make, we just can't change the code!. The idea of an API
in impl module is precisely make the "promise" that we will be nice
and do not change that stuff until the next major version.

Unfortunately there is nothing we can do in 2.1.x branch.

regards,

Leonardo Uribe