Hi

I think it is safe to only pass the component in
responseWriter.startElement when it is really wanted, and pass null in
other cases. Trinidad overrides the default (and updated)
HtmlResponseWriter, so it is necessary to update the ResponseWriter there
with the new JSF 2.2 logic. There is no other logic involved in that part,
in fact before JSF 2.2, the component was passed but it was just ignored.

In the example I would say the html <input> is the relevant one (the
<label> and the <span> is renderkit decoration).

regards,

Leonardo Uribe