Hi Kazunari,

Kazunari Hirano wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> 2008/10/29 Peter Junge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>> the idea of the organizers is pretty simple. We just give the NLC space
>> at the exhibition area about two meters of table and some chairs. That's
>> all. The people of the NLC will meet there and can do whatever they want
>> to promote their language projects. Things will evolve themselves.
> Yes, we will try!  And we need your help.
>
> Can we borrow a big printer which can print 300cm x 300cm from our
> generous sponsors such as Redflag2000 Beijing, Sun Beijing, IBM
> Beijing, Google Beijing, Novell Beijing, or Beijing University if they
> have one?

I'm sure my employer hasn't got such printer. Besides that, I doubt,
that it will fit into the exhibition area. The place is not too big and
already sectioned among the exhibitors. We could have had a bigger
location, but this one will drag a maximum of students.

So, to the logistics of such 'challenge'. How big is such printer? What
area is needed? What does it weight? Wow expensive is it? Where to get
an insurance for the case of damage? How to transport it? Where to get
the appropriate paper? How much does one print-out cost? I'm afraid we
cannot solve all these problems within 5 days.

> Or can you telephone Epson Beijing, Canon Beijing and HP Beijing and
> ask them if they can sponsor us with a big printer?

We can ask them, but the issue with the enormous size of such printer
would be still the main issue.

[...]

Best regards,
Peter

--
Peter Junge

OpenOffice.org Annual Conference
Beijing 2008
Organizational Team

I want *YOU* to come to Beijing!

Please help us and register *NOW* for the OOoCon 2008:
http://marketing.openoffice.org/ooocon2008/travel.html#registration

OOoCon website:
http://marketing.openoffice.org/ooocon2008/index.html

Conference Program: