On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 11:29 AM, Charles-H. Schulz <
charles-h.sch...@laposte.net> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I think this mail will prove that we can have sometimes no conflict of
> interest. Wearing my hat of the Document Foundation, I'd like to state
> the following things:
> - Everyone, yes, everyone is welcome to join the LibreOffice Project
>  and the Document Foundation.
> - We, the Document Foundation, have not asked to Alexandro Colorado to
>  put that message on any web page of the OOo ES project.
> - He and the ES community are welcome to join us, but it is by
>  leaving contributors free to choose their own path and not by forcing
>  them that we work. We believe in freedom, not constraint, and do not
>  wish to see confusion taking place.
>
> Wearing my OOo NLC hat:
> - unilateral actions depriving contributors of the
>  most elementary tools of communication are a very bad thing. While
>  I'm sure some people may disagree, debates and discussions are good,
>  not constraint, one cannot just shut up mailing lists out of the
>  blue. I would like to ask Alexandro, if that's possible to reinstate
>  the mailing lists and their archive.

We are moving to our own mailing list, so for that, we are compiling a
database of the members of the list, *we are still subscribing them to the
list*. However through a database 'proxy' where we could retrieve the
'community' of contributors. We have held several meetings on the matter and
agree the message was a bit missleading. But to say that we were shutting
down the lists, well the lists are still running and can still be consulted
openly.