Hi all,

I agree, we need a clear look on the code base:
What about extracting all patch from git commit and submitting them on a few
tickets.
Using "git-format-patch"

Issues will help having a brief  functionality / componant description, and
tracking eventual bugs.

We don't need to know all code base yet.

Regards,
Louis

On Jun 28, 2010 2:30 AM, "Julien Nioche" <lists.digitalpeb...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Hi guys,

> [...]

I surely agree that this is an issue. My comment was that the code on the
SVN nutchbase branch is quite deprecated and that merging with the GIT
version would not necessarily be the best way of getting a clear picture of
the new architecture. You are right that putting it to trunk is probably a
bit drastic

> What about an intermediate solution: we delete the svn:nutchbase, import
> the code from gith...

that would be a good option. If we do as you suggested then we would get a
good balance in terms of time vs traceability.

J.

--
DigitalPebble Ltd

Open Source Solutions for Text Engineering
http://www.digitalpebble.com