Thanks for your reply, Eugen,

I am still investigating and come to understand that this might be a
side-effect of gitlab-ci deciding too early to move ahead; when switching on
full logs I still see startup sequence running on the container when gitlab
already executes the tests I wrote.

So I tend to believe this is nothing to do with the image as such as things
stand now.

I would have written an update later (and will do once I am clearer), but
wanted to react to your post to avoid others spending too much time on what
right now does not look like a case for OfBiz.

On your remark towards u...@ofbiz.apache.org: Point taken - I was not sure
myself and hope to catch the experts with deeper insights rather here.

Thanks again and warm regards

Carsten