On Mar 8, 2006, at 3:04 AM, Gianny Damour wrote:

 - Having any assembly run with the build as in 'mvn install' it
causes everything to build twice

I think that this is this very annoying bug http:// jira.codehaus.org/browse/MASSEMBLY-37. Also, it seems that fileSets defined in assembly descriptors are resolved based on the directory from which Maven is executed.

Oh man, that bug has been open for two months!

Could everyone vote for this one to be fixed by clicking the link below:

  http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MASSEMBLY-37?vote=vote

We'll never be able to automatically test an assembly during a build unless we can have the assembly run as part of the build. We need this fixed.

-David