On Mar 8, 2006, at 2:34 AM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

2006/3/8, David Blevins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

  - Would love to find a way to create an executable jar assembly,
but it doesn't seem possible.

What's wrong with it? Where can I find the assembly descriptor?

I mean the maven-assembly-plugin allows you to create uber-jars, but there doesn't seem to be a way to specify manifest values, such as Main-Class.

  - Can't use m2 to execute the tests until the assembly-plugin issue
is fixed and available, going to use m1

Do you mean geronimo-assembly-plugin? If so, I could start migrating
it straight away since I'm in a great need to see how M2 plugins are
built.

The maven-assembly-plugin.

  - The auto unpack of our logging config file doesn't work.
  - Need to port over the client code that tries harder to make valid
provider URLs

I'm not even going to look into these in a near future, so don't even
try to explain them ;)

Already got the first one finished, on to the second item.

Thanks for the brain dump of yours! Keem'em posting...

Will do.

-David