On 12/20/12 6:14 AM, Shenfeng Liu wrote:
> imacat,
>   Your comments are so professional! :-)
>   Personally I like this logo design more comparing to other candidates in
> wiki<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.x+-+Logo+Explorations>.
> Thanks Michael!
>   While we may also want to update the app icon design as the next step for
> consistent L&F...

I think Michaels proposal is the beginning of hopefully more. I
personally see a reused old orb + some new elements. But the squares
remind me to windows and the colors don't fit really together from my
point of view.

We should think about something really new and fresh with or without the
gulls.

We should think for what OpenOffice and Apache stands for

- free office software for the public good
- for many million users all over the world
- many languages
- ....

We should think about something that can maybe visualize some of these
attributes and can transport the message in one or multiple combined
graphical elements.

Too bad that I am no designer, but I will try to think about ideas and
will at least share my ideas with you.

Juergen