On 20/12/2012 janI wrote:
http://openoffice.apache.org/translate.html
We should however really change the wording of 6), today it sounds as if we
do not care about reviewing the translations.

If it gives that impression, it must be changed. Note that the "review" we are talking about there is the review of the PO files by someone else, not the re-reading by the same translator or the QA that translators will be make on the test builds.

We should also add a specific  point about review requirements.

Whatever we add, keep in mind the case of translation "teams" made by one person only. We will still demand quality in that case, but we cannot count on "peer review".

[Juergen] if all necessary information is available on
http://openoffice.apache.org/translate.html and should change the wiki
to point to this pages. Or we should simply update the wiki which is
easier to maintain and should link to this.

The "Tips for translators" section can surely be moved to the wiki. It doesn't overlap much with the Pootle information there, since it describes offline work.

Such info should contain tips and tricks what to do and what not, for
example never change id's or hid's or hrefs. Today it took me 2 hours to
fix many of these mistakes in a new prepared sdf file. The errors are in
the po files and we should try to minimize such problems.

These are definitely "Tips for translators", so let's just move the section to the wiki and complete it (actually, point 4 already gives some information on this).

Regards,
  Andrea.