----- Messaggio originale -----
> Da: Rob Weir
>>
>>  Please feel free to contribute a spreadsheet that calculates the edge
>>  cases. Any contribution of that kind is welcome, and that's why this
> list
>>  exists.
>>

> Well, what does boost use for its own testing?  They must do some sort
> of testing?   Is there something we can easily convert into a
> spreadsheet?  That would help in two ways. since we could test the
> existing implementation against the same test cases, to see if there
> actually are any issues.   I assume that would be good to know.

This is not something one checks by grabbing someone else's testsuite,
it depends on the specific function you want to test.

Please check the excellent boost documentation:
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_52_0/libs/math/doc/sf_and_dist/html/index.html

I don't think we have equivalent studies over our native versions :(.

> More bugs come from overconfidence than from a respectful humility and
> realization that the work we do is critical for millions of users and
> that we should do everything possible to ensure that our code is
> tested by more than just our own personal feelings of satisfaction.
> IMHO.

Rather than overconfidence we are having respectful humility and realization
that our homebrew implementations don't really compare against the boost
versions.

Of course that doesn't mean we should replace everything, but perhaps since
Regina knows this better she can make informed suggestions..

Pedro.