Honestly I'd say that if anything is clear,
it's that changing away from the status quo
currently enjoys zero consensus.

As a Ph.D. mathematician who knows about Bourbaki,
all I can say is that line of argument is curious
here.  There are no authorities other than the spec
to turn to about how you want POWER(0,0) to behave-
as a function of 2 variables returning an error is
probably best mathematically because the POWER
function isn't remotely continuous at (0,0), but as
part of an implementation of power series
representations of sums involving 0^0, returning 1
is better.

In any case, the idea for how issues like this should
be resolved at Apache is always in favor of stability;
that's why the impetus for consensus away from the current
behavior is required, not a general discussion about
which behavior is better given two equal choices
in the abstract.  A prior decision has already been made
about the code, and those that wish to change it need
to demonstrate consensus for the change, not the other
way around.

HTH