OTOH I haven't seen anyone issue a technical
veto on this change, which is really what's
required before Pedro actually needs to revert
anything.

>________________________________

 choosing an error instead of a fixed value is the best bet.

>>Just my 2¢
>>
>>Regards
>>Ricardo
>>

>>2013/2/13 Pedro Giffuni <p...@apache.org>
>>
>>> Hello;

>>> take a series
 polinomials where n !=0. n is not only different than zero, most
>>> importantly,

>>> I will put it in simple terms. You are saying that you can't calculate the
>>> slope of the equation:
>>>
>>> y =a*x + b
>>>
>>> because in the process you need to calculate the value of x^0.

>>> constructing
 algebra,

>>> Do I really care if the name of the author is fictitious or real?

>>> You haven't provided so far that practical spreadsheet.

 body of work of the 20th century (yep Bourbaki... look it

>>> The thing is that you are taking statements out of context. I don't
>>> claim being a mathematithian. I took a few courses from the career for
>>> fun.
>>>
>>> In the case of set theory you can define, for your own purposes, a special
>>> algebra where:
>>>
>>> - You redefine your own multiplication operator (x).
>>> - You don't define division.
>>> - You make yor algebra system fit into a set of properties that
>>> is useful for your own properties.
>>>
>>> Once you define your own multiplication (which is not the same
>>> multiplication supported in a spreadsheet) You work around the
>>> issue in the power operator by defining the undefined
 case.

>>> These are all nice mathematical models that don't apply to a spreadsheet.

>>> where

 if these transformation

 meaning for a very specific

>>> readability )

 exist a unique

>>> Again, I will stand to what I said: this statement is not a demonstration
>>> and is taken out of context. The definition is given to conform with this
>>> "unique mapping" which unfortunately doesn't exist in the real world.

 theory, there is an 'error', will surely promptly get