On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 7:16 PM, Luis Ortiz <3ckb4...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I want to become a volunteer for the development or another tasks of the
> project but i don't understand if i need firs introduce myself in the dev
> and next sign up on the wikis.
>
> What is the correct process for that.

Hello Luis,

Welcome to the Apache OpenOffice project!

We have quite a few mailing lists for the project, including this list
(main dev list) as well as lists for documentation, QA, marketing,
translation, etc.  We also have several native-language lists.  These
mailing lists are described here:

and

http://openoffice.apache.org/native-lang.html

So one approach is to simply sign up for the mailing list(s) that
interest you and introduce yourself on each one.

Another approach, more methodical, is to review our "New Volunteer
Orientation" modules:

http://openoffice.apache.org/orientation/index.html

Those pages will teach you more about the project, how we work, what
the various project areas are, how to get started, etc.

For example, if you are interested in the coding side, this page has
the information to help you get started:

http://openoffice.apache.org/orientation/intro-development.html

Regards,

-Rob