On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 12:03 PM, Waldorf PC <waldor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there:
>
> You are correct about the limited functionality of the JAVA Access
> Bridge, hence the reason it is never recommended to developers by 508
> compliance analysts as an accessibility fix. The intensions were good
> when developing thebridge, but it is not a good fix.
>
> When I am done my work for the day, I can write up a detailed
> explanation concerning what works in terms of accessibility, like how
> to make a UI that is compatible with assistive technologies. I will be
> happy to do that for you.

Hi Reina,

Testing or reporting on what OpenOffice 3.4.1 does today is probably
not very useful since we're moving over to an entirely different
approach.  IBM contributed the source code for their Lotus Symphony
product, and we're integrating the IAccesible2 support from that.  A
great deal of analysis was done at IBM before they did that work.  So
a good preview of the support we should end up with in the end is what
Symphony has today:
http://www-03.ibm.com/software/lotus/symphony/home.nsf/home

Of course, we'll probably introduce some bugs while we are porting
that code over to OpenOffice.  So testing of the 4.0 and 4.1 version
of OpenOffice, before we release it, will be key.

-Rob