Robin brought up a good point that we should pick a logo before we start
work on the application artifacts or the website as it will influence those.

I initially was excited that we could have a new logo, an opportunity to
change the face of OpenOffice.

But after I saw Chris R. proposal I convinced myself refreshing rather than
re-branding was the better path.

So I would like to start a conversation that will hopefully give us strong
arguments to picking a logo.

I already mentioned I liked the flat logo.
Here are reasons:

- It is very similar to the current logo and that logo has a history of
being recognized.
- Flat is 'in', easily recognizable on and works well on social platforms,
screens and print media. (Think corporate and product logos of today,
recently Pepsi, Domino's, Microsoft, Skype, Twitter)
- This logo can be severed from the word mark to make it fit in a square
and still carry the branding image. Icons, site, etc.
- A middle ground for community members who like the current logo. Who want
to achieve a new image of 4.0 without tossing history.

Looking back, we had lots of ideas but it only took me a moment when i saw
Chris r.'s proposal to realize the logo didn't need to be complex and
completely new. That simple was actually beautiful.

Thoughts? Agree? Disagree (and your solution is)?

Samer Mansour