On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 11:45:41PM +0100, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> >If dictionaries were ALv2, for sure AOO would include them, as
> >Sun/Oracle did (this was something the native-lang asked for long time).
> >So this is something we use with dictionaries just because we cannot
> >include them by default.
>
> In the case of dictionaries (which is anyway marginal with respect
> to the current discussion) I actually find that what OpenOffice is
> doing now, i.e., bundling them as extensions, is a good solution.

I was talking about *how* they are packaged in the basis core-01
package.  Before, they were packaged as single packages. You can find
the remaining of this under
trunk/main/setup_native/source/packinfo/packinfo_office.txt All the
gid_Module_Root_Extension_Dictionary_<LANG> are package descriptions for
extension dictionaries, see
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/ooo/trunk/main/setup_native/source/packinfo/packinfo_office.txt?revision=1300105&view=markup#l515

If you are still planning to package for Fedora, you will have to
workaround this (extensions should be in its own package) and the
problem of the duplication when the extensions is copied in the user
installation (Fedora used a patched version of unopkg that added the
link option).

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile