On 3 April 2013 19:19, Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 8:22 AM, Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
> > On 01/04/2013 janI wrote:
> >
> >> A volunteer does not need to be an expert, that can be learned,
> >> possibility
> >> to react swiftly to alers in your TZ is the key. General knowledge about
> >> mysql/php is a clear advantage. In general we talk about 1-2 hours work
> pr
> >> month, not including upgrades.
> >>

> > Adding to what Jan wrote: we now have more granular access levels, so
> that
> > we can have a class of volunteers who can only restart services (which is
> > often enough in case of a sudden problem). This means you shouldn't be
> > scared of having too many privileges and possibly break the setup, since
> > privileges will be exactly enough to do what is needed.
> >
> > We can give these privileges a couple of volunteers if available, don't
> be
> > shy! You need to be an OpenOffice committer and have a reasonable
> knowledge
> > of Linux system administration (not much, but at least being able to
> manage
> > services from the command line). Again, American timezones are not
> covered
> > at the moment so it's best to have volunteers from there, but any help is
> > welcome. Anyone?
> >
> > Regards,
> >   Andrea.

> dev-unsubscr...@openoffice.apache.org>
> > For additional commands, e-mail: dev-h...@openoffice.apache.org
> >

> Can you elaborate on what specific services, and what might be involved?

the services are: wiki, forum, translate.

the main task is to act when nagios gives an alert (meaning problems),
normal reaction would be to reboot, secondary to log at logs, third to pass
the incident on to someone (might be yourself) that have the skills to
solve a complicated breakdown.

In essence, what we really need are voluenterrs who are able to react
swiftly on a nagios mail.

have a nice day.
jan I.

Ps: what is your TZ.