On 5/28/13 4:12 AM, Rob Weir wrote:
> On May 27, 2013, at 8:28 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi -
>>
>> I just now reviewed Jürgen's latest snapshot build and I have some trademark
>> concerns. The current UI and Help file seem to be out of Apache Branding
>> policy[1][2] in two ways.
>>
>> (1) The most prominent use of the brand in many place is "OpenOffice" when
>> it ought to be "Apache OpenOffice." This is the case in many places
>> throughout the UI and Help files.
>>

> Can you give some examples?

I agree we need concrete examples. We discussed the usage of OpenOffice
instead of Apache OpenOffice her eon the list weeks/month ago. I am
wondering why this pops up now.

The intro and about clearly state Apache OpenOffice. Many other
occurrences are simply OpenOffice, the term that all use normally.

>> (2) There is no trademark attribution in the application UI.

What exactly do you have in mind?

We can add or change the intro image to

##
Apache, the Apache feather logo, and OpenOffice are trademarks of The
Apache Software Foundation. OpenOffice.org and the seagull logo are
registered trademarks of The Apache Software Foundation. Other names
appearing on the site may be trademarks of their respective owners.
##

maybe we can add a short form to the start center but I am not sure. I
have never seen it in a prominent place in an application.

But we can for sure add an untranslated version in the about box and the
intro

Juergen