On Mon, 22 Jul 2013 17:09:31 +0200
Max Merbald <max.merb...@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> when I wrote about the pdf import addon not working on AOO4 / Win 8 I
> overlooked Regina's mail. The new extension works perfectly well on AOO4
> running on Windows 8. Sorry for my complaint!
>
> Max
>

> Am 21.07.2013 15:43, schrieb Regina Henschel:
> > Hi Andrea,
> >
> > Andrea Pescetti schrieb:
> >> OpenOffice 4 (like all previous versions) does not include the PDF
> >> Import extension. But, while in OpenOffice 3.4.x it was enough to
> >> download it from the Extensions site, Ariel wrote that he expects that a
> >> PDF Import Extension built for OpenOffice 3.x won't work except on
> >> 64-bit Linux, due to the stlport changes.
> >>
> >> PDF Import is by far the most popular extension, so I'd like that we are
> >> prepared if we receive questions. Due to a GPL dependency, it's not
> >> shipped with OpenOffice, but questions will come here so...
> >>
> >> I tried downloading the extension from
> >> http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/node/874/ and it works nicely, but
> >> I'm in the exceptional case (I tested on 64-bit Linux, the only platform
> >> where the old extension is expected to work). Do people who use other
> >> operating systems have problems?
> >
> > This is tracked in issue 122733.
> >
> > Ariel has build the extension newly. Find it in
> > http://people.apache.org/~arielch/extensions/aoo-pdf-import/
> >
> > I have tested the version aoo-pdf-import-0.0.1-windows-x86.oxt on
> > Windows7. It works fine.
> >
> > Kind regards
> > Regina

There has been one mention today on the en-Forum of the old version of
PDFImport not working on AOO 4.0. This posting is at
http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=63026
and to be helpful I have pointed the poster to the revised versions on Ariel's
site at
http://people.apache.org/~arielch/extensions/aoo-pdf-import/

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>