On 10 August 2013 14:34, Emanuele <emanuel...@gmail.com> wrote:

> janI wrote:
> > MEMORY USAGE
> >     Max Memory Ever Allocated : 19.02 G
> >     Configured Max Per-thread Buffers : 27.46 G
> >     Configured Max Global Buffers : 640 M
> >     Configured Max Memory Limit : 28.09 G
> >     Physical Memory : 1.96 G
> >
> >   --> Max memory limit exceeds 90% of physical memory, increase phys mem.
> >

> I can't say to be an expert (and I may be badly reading these number,
> that's nothing new :P), but that seems a lot of memory for a forum.
> I mean, I have seen that scale (20+ GB) only on a forum with a database
> the size of 40+ GB (with some 4/5/600 users online simultaneously).
>
> The current db size of the en forum (judging by the number of posts)
> should be around... ~1/1.5 GB. And summing up all the other forums you'd
> have no more than 2 or 3 GB.
> Okay, a couple of GB of physical memory may be not much to handle all of
> them, but 20+ seems a lot.

thanks for your mail, the db size of all forums (different languages) is
about 700Gb on disk.

when you compare 20+ with a couple of GB of physical memory, you compare
virtual memory with physical memory, that kind of difficult to do. We need
more phys memory on the system, actually the virtual memory (swap) is big
enough.

rgds
jan I.